All carry-on luggage must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you and adhere to the following requirements:
- Baggage Allowance for Economy Class passengers: 1 bag
- Baggage Allowance for First/Business Class passengers: 2 bags
- Maximum Dimensions of Carry-on Trolley bag: 22"x16"x8"
- Maximum Dimensions of Carry-on Briefcase: 20"x16"x10"
- Maximum Dimensions of Carry-on Garment Bag: 45"x8"
- Maximum Weight of Carry-on Luggage: 15 lb/7 kg
REMINDER: Bulkhead seats do not have underseat storage during take-off and landing.
Read Bulkheads Explained
Checked Baggage Allowance
Passengers traveling only on Silk Air (MI) to all destinations
- Maximum Weight for Economy Class Passengers: 66 lb/30 kg total
- Maximum Weight for Business Class Passengers: 88 lb/40 kg total
- Maximum Weight for Suite/First Class Passengers: 110 lb/50 kg total
- *Krisflyer Elite Gold Members are allowed an extra 44 lb/20 kg of baggage to all destinations except USA and Canada.
- *PPS Club Members are allowed 100% extra free allowance.
Passengers flying SilkAir (MI) and connecting to Singapore Airlines (SQ) traveling to to/from Brazil and the U.S.:
- Baggage Allowance: 2 pieces
- Maximum Dimensions: 62 linear inches/157 cm (length + width + height)
- Maximum Weight (Brazil): 70 lb/32 kg
- Maximum Weight (US): 51 lb/23 kg for Economy and 70 lb/32 kg for First Class/Suites
- *KrisFlyer Elite Gold members are allowed one extra bag regardless of cabin.
- *PPS Club Members are entitled 100% more free baggage allowance in any class of travel. In other words, they are entitled to 4 pieces of check-in bags under the piece concept.
Excess, Overweight, Oversize Baggage Fees
If you have more bags than the permitted allowance or your bags exceed the weight or linear restrictions, you will be charged additional fees. Contact SilkAir directly for more information or visit SilkAir' Baggage Allowance Guide
Some checked items, such as surfboards and bicycles will be charged a fixed handling fee because of size, fragility, or other handling requirements. Contact SilkAir directly or for more information, visit their site for Special Baggage Information.
Portable oxygen concentrator devices can be carried and used onboard our flights as long as it is a model that is approved by FAA. For use during flight, your device must fit under the seat in front of you. If your device is unable to fit under the seat, you may not use it during your flight but you can still carry it on board where it will be stored in the overhead baggage compartment.