What methods of transport does Pegasus Airlines (PC) provide for my pet?
- Transportation in the cabin
- Transportation in the aircraft hold
- Transportation as cargo
Does my pet qualify for travel in the passenger cabin?
Up to three pets will be allowed to travel in the cabin provided they meet the following criteria:
- The total weight of the pet and carrier must not exceed 8kg
- The animal is a cat, dog, or bird
- If the pet is a bird, the flight is domestic
- There is a maximum of two pets to a carrier
- The flight is not to the United Kingdom, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, or Bahrain
Pets traveling in the cabin require a reservation. You should contact the Pegasus Airlines Call Center for your location.
Does my pet qualify for travel as checked baggage?
Pets can travel as checked baggage on domestic flights and flights to Cyprus only. There is a maximum of four animals carried in the hold on each flight.
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
The following fees are charged for pets travelling in the cabin:
- Domestic flights: 60 TRY
- International flights: 45 USD
The following fees are charged for pets travelling in the hold:
- Domestic flights for animals between 8 and 15 kg: 120 TRY
- Domestic flights for animals heavier than 15 kg: 180 TRY
- International flights for animals between 8 and 15 kg: 70 USD
- International flights for animals heavier than 15 kg: 90 USD
What health documentation is required?
The following documents are required:
- For flights to Cyprus: an Import License
- Documentation of rabies vaccination
- Health certificate
- ID card
- For flights to EU countries: the pet's passport
- For flights from Anatalya and Gazipasa: Veterinary Health Certificate
Are there any other restrictions?
The following pets are prohibited:
- American Pit Bull
- Fila Brasileiros
- Japanese Tosa
- Pit Bull Terrier
- Togo Argentinos
- American Staffordshire Terrier
- Presa Canario
- Chow Chow
- Doberman Mastiff Bulldog
- Caucasian Breeds
- Mastino Napoletano
- Kangal dogs under 6 months old
- Any pet under 3 months old
Please contact the airline directly for information about traveling with a service animal.