What is Jet2 baggage policy?
The Jet2 baggage policy for regular basic fares include the following:
- 1 personal item - Fee free
- 1 carry-on item - Fee free
- Checked baggage / Hold luggage – Fees differ upon destination and booking. Three checked bags are permitted per customer.
- Overweight and Oversize bags - Applicable fees per bag depending on weight.
- Sports equipment – All items have applicable fees; excess baggage weights may apply.
What is Jet2 carry-on baggage policy?
Jet2 allows 1 piece of unchecked cabin baggage and, where possible, allows a small additional item of cabin baggage (such as a handbag, laptop bag, or airport purchase) per passenger for free.
Carry-on should not exceed the following size and weight restrictions:
- No more than 10kgs/22lbs and no larger than 56cmX45cmX25cm, including all wheels and handles.
- Fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
Personal item should:
- Be reasonable carried on board
- Fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you
NOTE: With all hand/cabin baggage (including airport purchases) they reserve the right to require that belongings be stowed in the aircrafts hold due to operational requirements. In this instance, there will be no charge unless it exceeds the size or weight requirements.
What is Jet2 checked baggage policy?
Jet2 standard checked baggage policy details follow:
- A maximum of 3 bags, per one-way flight, can be booked per customer. Each passenger is allowed up to 66kg total for all three bags; 22kg per one bag
- No single bag can weigh more than 32kg
- Maximum dimensions: N/A
- Maximum weight: 70 pounds or 32 kilograms (per one bag)
Are there fees for baggage on Jet2?
Yes, fees might apply. They depend on your destination and how you make your booking (via Jet2 website, the call center or at the airport). It is advised that passengers purchase checked baggage online because it is up to 50% cheaper than purchasing at the airport.
Jet2 standard checked baggage fees follow:
- All bags have a fee of between $11 - $60 USD, 9 - 51 EURO
- Baggage that is not pre- booked will be charged a fee of $66 USD at check- in, in addition to excess baggage charges if applicable.
NOTE: Fees are originally stated in Pounds and conversion to local currency may change. If you have not pre- booked all checked baggage prior to arrival, a fee of $60 USD will be incurred. Anything over the allowance will be charged at the prevailing excess baggage rate per kilo.
What is Jet2 fee for excess baggage?
Jet2 will charge $18 USD (15EUR) per kilo for any excess baggage.
NOTE: Excess baggage requires prior authorization from Jet2. No single item can exceed 32kgs/ 70lbs.
What is Jet2 fee for overweight baggage?
Jet2 will charge the following for bags that are greater than the standard 48 pounds or 22 kilograms:
- 49 to 70 pounds or 23 to 32 kilograms: 18 USD / 15 EUR per kilo.
- Bags exceeding 70 pounds or 32 kilograms will not be accepted as checked baggage / hold luggage.
What is Jet2 fee for oversize baggage?
Jet2 fees associated with oversize baggage differs for each item. All bikes, skis, snowboards, windsurfing boards, surf boards, scuba equipment, golf clubs, musical instruments, and non- motorized bicycles will incur a fee of $44 USD. Fishing rods will be charged $22 USD.
Note: Weight restrictions differ between each item; excess baggage weights may apply.
Are there fees for sports equipment on Jet2?
Yes, sports equipment such as snowboards, non-motorized bicycles, surfboards and body boards skis, golf bags, and, fishing equipment are considered outsized items and will differ in fees. No item can exceed 6 feet. Associated fees might be applied.