What is Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Most airlines provide a service to assist children traveling without a parent or legal guardian from their point of departure to their final destination. Emirates' service provides the following:
- Let Emirates know at time of booking what kind of seat and meal your child prefers and they will make the arrangements. They'll even prepare a cake if your child is travelling on his or her birthday.
- For children travelling alone, Emirates provides separate check-in facilities on departure, with staff dedicated to accompanying them to the aircraft. Parents or guardians must present the child for check-in at least two hours prior departure.
- Unaccompanied Minors and Young Passengers are always boarded before other passengers, so that the cabin crew can seat them and stow their hand baggage.
- Upon special request, Emirates will take Polaroid photographs of your child on board the aircraft, as time permits.
- On arrival, an Emirates employee will meet all unaccompanied children at the aircraft door and help them through formalities before handing them over to their designated guardian.
What age does my child have to be to qualify as an Unaccompanied Minor?
Children under 5 years of age are not allowed to travel unless accompanied by an adult who is at least 16 years old.
Children aged 5-12 travelling without a parent or legal guardian are entitled to Unaccompanied Minor Service (as long as they are travelling on a full adult fare ticket).
Children from 12 years of age up to, but not including, their 16th birthday, are also entitled to Unaccompanied Minors service if specifically requested by the parent or guardian (and as long as they are travelling on a full adult fare ticket).
What are the fees associated with this service?
Emirates will provide fee information at time of booking.
Are there any flight restrictions?
Contact Emirates for more information.
How do I book this service?
Call Emirates Reservations.