What methods of transport does Azerbaijan Airlines provide for my pet?
- Travel in the passenger cabin
- Checked as baggage
- Shipped as cargo
Does my pet qualify for travel in the passenger cabin?
Up to two pets that meet the following qualifications may travel in the passenger cabin:
- The pet is in a cage
- The pet is a dog, cat, or house bird
- The pet and cage together do not exceed 8 kg
- The sum of the cage's three dimensions do not exceed 110 cm (50 x 20 x 40)
Pets traveling in the cabin require a reservation. Contact Azerbaijan Airlines (J2) Reservations in advance of your flight. English-Speaking callers should dial 1-800-433-7300.
Does my pet qualify for travel as checked baggage?
Pets that, with their cage, do not exceed 75 kg may travel as checked baggage.
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
- Fee for animal in the passenger cabin: 50 EUR
- Fee for animals and cages less than 32 kg: 50 EUR
- Fee for animals and cages between 32 and 75 kg: 100 EUR
- Additional fee for cages between 158 and 203 cm: 50 EUR
- Additional fee for cages larger than 203 cm: 100 EUR
What health documentation is required?
Passengers must provide all necessary health documents that the country of origin, destination or connection requires.
Are there any other restrictions?
- Azerbaijan Airlines (J2) can refuse carriage to any animal whose transportation contradicts the requirements of the country of origin, destination or connection
- Transportation of livestock is prohibited
- Transportation of doves is prohibited
- Passengers must notify the airline about the animal transportation at least 24 hours prior to departure