Carry-on Baggage (Hand Baggage) Allowance
All hand baggage cannot exceed 22 x 14 x 10 in (55 x 35 x 25 cm).
- Business Club: 1 piece, 31 lb (14 kg)
- Club Business: 2 pieces, 40 lb (18 kg)
- Tourist/Class Economique: 22 lb (10 kg)
Passengers can also bring the following items free of charge: a handbag/wallet/purse, reading material, overcoat/coat/travel rug, umbrella/walking tick, camera/binoculars, laptop, or a wheelchair/crutches/prosthetic items.
Checked Baggage Allowance
- Business Club Class: 2 pieces up to 51 lb (23 kg) each in general, 3 pieces up to 51 lb (23 kg) each for Dakar
- Tourist Class: 1 piece up to 51 lb (23 kg) in general, 2 pieces up to 51 lb (23 kg) each for Dakar- except Almeria, Valencia, Asturias, and Malaga
- Club Business Class: 3 pieces up to 51 lb (23 kg) each in general, 3 pieces up to 71 lb (32 kg) each for Brazil, 2 pieces up to 71 lb (32 kg) each for New York
- Class Economique: 1 piece up to 51 lb (23 kg) in general, 2 pieces up to 71 lb (32 kg) each for Brazil, 2 pieces of to 51 lb (23 kg) for Bolivia, Caracas, and Lima- except Almeria, Valencia, Asturias, and Malaga
Excess Baggage Fees
- Per piece/51 lb (23 kg) over allowance: $50 in advance or $60 at the airport
- Additional luggage is not allowed on flights to Dakar
- 2nd piece/51 lb (23 kg) over allowance: $50 in advance or $60 at the airport
- 3rd piece/51 lb (23 kg) over allowance: $100 in advance or $150 at the airport
- No excess baggage is allowed on the routes from ALMERIA, BADAJOZ, MALAGA, VALENCIA, OVIEDO and LISBON to AMERICA, from any city from SPAIN and EUROPE with destination BOLIVIA, from any origin to destination Lima and Buenos Aires for flights from 15JUN14 to 15AUG14 and 15NOV14 to 15JAN15, from BARCELONA and MILAN to LIMA for flights until 28FEB14
A variety of sporting equipment is allowed. Some may fall within existing baggage allowance while others can only count as excess baggage. Click here for more information.
Passengers are not allowed to use their own oxygen cylinders in-flight. However, the FAA has issued guidelines for use of certain portable oxygen concentrators (POC) on board. Equipment and/or cylinders containing oxygen or air may be carried as checked baggage, duly packed, as long as the equipment and/or cylinders pressure indicates “0”; being produced at the check-in counter with the valve / nozzle separated from the cylinder, thus allowing the check-in personnel to verify that tanks are purged. POCs must have the following characteristics:
- Do not contain hazardous materials as determined by the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration.
- Are also regulated by the Food and Drug Administration; These units perform by separating oxygen from nitrogen and other gases contained in ambient air and dispensing it in concentrated form to the user.
Only lotions or salves that are oxygen approved may be used by persons using the portable oxygen concentrator device